Last week I spent too much time between Cognitive Services and UWP. Between all this AI stuff I also put some times to try, test and understand on of the latests samples available for Hololens Developers in the Holographic Academy: Lunar Module.
The sample is very complete, the main goal is to recreate a Lunar Module game here the objective is to help the Lunar Module land safely in the Moon. We can use hand gestures or and XBox One Controller to control the lunar module. The HoloApp will also scan the environment to find a “landing plane”.
So, the cool stuff, is to go to the Github repository and review some of the assets included in the sample. I will remark 2.
Simple Menu Collection. Finally we have an easy way to create 2D interactive menus to be used in our Hololens Apps..
Hand Coach, other cool one!. Every time we create and App for Hololens, there is a chance to include a tutorial on “how to use this app”, which is usually knows as a tutorial. This Prefab have some animations on how a hand can interact using gestures with holograms in the Hololens world.
Happy Unity3D coding!
Greeting @ Burlington
- Windows Dev Center, Lunar Module
- Windows Dev Center, Motion Controllers
- GitHub, Mixed Reality Design Labs
El Bruno, my posts
- Device Portal Basic Features for Developer
- How to Import the HoloToolkit Unity
- How to place a Hologram using AirTap and HoloToolkit
- Creating a menu with options with HoloToolkit
- Using voice commands to display a menu with HoloToolkit
- How to create a 3D text always visible using HoloToolkit
- How to create a HUD (3D text always visible without HoloToolkit)
- How to detect hands using HoloToolkit
- Windows 10, Xbox One Controller, Bluetooth and some lessons learned
- How to use Fire Buttons actions with an XBoxOne Controller
- HoloToolkit compiled packages for Unity3D in GitHub
- How to detect AirTap and Click actions using HoloToolkit
- Detect user hand interactions using #HoloToolkit
- Moving and rotating Holograms using an XBoxOne Controller
- Spatial Understanding vs Spatial Mapping, and a tutorial on how to use them
- Spatial Mapping, tutorial to search for simple surfaces, like a 1×1 tile on the floor
- Alternative to fix the Tap to Place and World Anchor issue, until the official release of HoloToolkit for Visual Studio 2017 and Unity3D 5.6
- How to save a #3D model of the environment around the device
- How to improve the App deployment time from Visual Studio 2017 to Hololens using an USB cable
- How to use the Developer Portal when the device is connected via USB