The Canny edge detection is one the most popular algorithms, and it’s also +30 years old.
The Canny edge detector is an edge detection operator that uses a multi-stage algorithm to detect a wide range of edges in images. It was developed by John F. Canny in 1986.
OpenCV includes the Canny algorithm as part of the base set of operations to perform on an image. You only need 2 lines of code to get this output.
The OpenCV canny tutorial (see references) explain the different steps to detect edges:
- Noise Reduction
- Finding Intensity Gradient of the Image
- Non-maximum Suppression
- Hysteresis Thresholding
I’ll keep this simple, just sharing the code !
That’s all for today!
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.
More info in https://beacons.ai/elbruno
- OpenCVSharp, https://github.com/shimat/opencvsharp
- Wikipedia, Canny Edge Detector
- OpenCV, Canny tutorial
Net 5 and OpenCV
- 13 lines to display a 🎦 camera feed with OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting edges on the 🎦 camera feed with Canny algorithm, OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting corners on the 🎦 camera feed with FAST algorithm, OpenCV and Net 5
- Display the 🎦 camera feed in a WinForm using OpenCV and Net5
- Face Detection using Face Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection using DNN on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection, DNN vs Haar Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Age and Gender estimation on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Caffe Model Zoo (GoogleNet) detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Pose detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Packaging a WinForm OpenCV and Net5 App in a one-self contained file
- Display a video file 🎥 in Winform using OpenCV and Net5
- Open a video file 🎥 and save each frame as a PNG 🖼 file to a folder 📂
- (Coming Soon) QR Codes detection on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
Face Recognition and Face Detection series in Python
- Detecting Faces with 20 lines in Python
- Face Recognition with 20 lines in Python
- Detecting Facial Features with 20 lines in Python
- Facial Features and Face Recognition with 20 lines in Python
- Performance improvements with code
- Resize the camera input with OpenCV
- Working with Haar Cascades and OpenCV
- Detect and blur faces 😁 using haar cascades
- Detect and blur faces 😁 using DNN
interesting that OpenCV makes it so simple .. I can see that using video and camera will be a common feature in near future
LikeLiked by 1 person