This post is the start of a series of posts around OpenCV and
DotNet Core .Net 5. Most of my samples are going to be camera based, so I’ll start with the +20 13 lines needed to access a local camera and show the frames in a window.
And the code using Net
A couple of notes on previous code
- Pressing Q key will stop the program
- Line 2 define the camera to open based on local indexes, in example
// 0 Logitech Brio // 1 Msft Lifecam // ... // 4 Logitech Capture // 5 OBS VirtualCam
- This is a standard .Net 5 Console App
- I’m using the great OpenCVSharp nuget packages to have OpenCV capabilities in my app.
And because I’m using Net 5, here goes a before / after preview
That’s all for today!
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.
More info in https://beacons.ai/elbruno
- OpenCVSharp, https://github.com/shimat/opencvsharp
- Source post with Python Code, VSCode – 20 lines to display a webcam camera feed with #Python using #OpenCV
Net 5 and OpenCV
- 13 lines to display a 🎦 camera feed with OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting edges on the 🎦 camera feed with Canny algorithm, OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting corners on the 🎦 camera feed with FAST algorithm, OpenCV and Net 5
- Display the 🎦 camera feed in a WinForm using OpenCV and Net5
- Face Detection using Face Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection using DNN on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection, DNN vs Haar Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Age and Gender estimation on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Caffe Model Zoo (GoogleNet) detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Pose detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Packaging a WinForm OpenCV and Net5 App in a one-self contained file
- Display a video file 🎥 in Winform using OpenCV and Net5
- Open a video file 🎥 and save each frame as a PNG 🖼 file to a folder 📂
- (Coming Soon) QR Codes detection on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
Face Recognition and Face Detection series in Python
- Detecting Faces with 20 lines in Python
- Face Recognition with 20 lines in Python
- Detecting Facial Features with 20 lines in Python
- Facial Features and Face Recognition with 20 lines in Python
- Performance improvements with code
- Resize the camera input with OpenCV
- Working with Haar Cascades and OpenCV
- Detect and blur faces 😁 using haar cascades
- Detect and blur faces 😁 using DNN
Hello Bruno, I came across your blog for a project I am working as a senior project design. I am currently working with my team to make a WPF project using .NET Core for an animal shelter. We are implementing QR codes into our project and your blog helped a lot. We are able to display our camera, however, we were wondering if you could help us integrate ZXing.NET or some other library you may know of to decode the QR codes when the camera is on during runtime. Is this possible to do? We tried using ZBarcam, however, we are not able to run the exe file during runtime and cannot figure out the functions. They also do not have a documentation page with useful information. Any help is much appreciated. Muchas gracias. Hablo español tambien si le es mas facil.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Glad to help, please contact me via Twitter and we can “chat” there. I don’t read my blog comments a lot.
Hello Bruno, your Twitter DM’s are closed. Please allow me to message you via Twitter. Thank you.