Quick post today, to leave this as a public note. And, disclaimer, I’m not a Linux expert, just a normal user; I’m sure there are plenty of better ways to do this. Any advice will be appreciated.
Context: I’m working with Git and .Net Core 3.1. Just cloned a repository and ready to run my 2 favourite commands
dotnet restore dotnet run
However, I found this error
/home/pi/dotnet/sdk/3.1.100/NuGet.targets(123,5): error : Access to the path '/<path>.csproj.nuget.dgspec.json' is denied. [/<path>..csproj] /home/pi/dotnet/sdk/3.1.100/NuGet.targets(123,5): error : Permission denied
I’m running dotnet under the user pi, and I haven’t found a way to automatically grant permissions to new folders for this user. So everytime I clone a repo I need to grant permissions with the command.
# sudo chmod -R 757 '<path>' sudo chmod -R 757 '/home/pi/srcebgit/testsGit/20191227MLNet/myMLApp/consumeModelApp'
And now, it’s working
Of course, I still need to deal with other permissions issues because this project has some copy files actions on the build. Now I know the way!
Greetings @ Burlington
My posts on Raspberry Pi ⚡🐲⚡
Dev posts for Raspberry Pi
- How to grant permissions to a folder after git clone, to perform dotnet restore on a Raspberry Pi
- How to install .Net Core 3.1 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi 4, run as root, fix black screen
- How to install .Net Core in a Raspberry Pi 4 and test with Hello World
- Build and Run C# NetCore projects in a Raspberry Pi 4 with Visual Studio Code
- Let’s do some Git dev in Raspberry Pi 4 (GitHub and Azure DevOps!)
- Install OpenCV
- Install Python 🐍 Virtual Environments in Raspberry Pi
- Setup SSH passwordless access to remote work with Docker 🐳
- Manage Docker 🐳 as a non-root user
- Build Docker 🐳 images from Visual Studio Code remotely using a Raspberry Pi
Tools and Apps for Raspberry Pi
- Where is my Task Manager in RaspberryPi? Let’s try htop
- Multi-monitor 📺 in Raspberry Pi 4 rocks !
- Double Commander on RaspberryPi4, because files are important
- How to install Docker 🐳 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi, run as root, fix black screen (Updated)
- 6 commands to install OpenCV for Python 🐍 in a Raspberry Pi 4
Setup the device
- 1st Setup without monitor 📺: auto connect to WiFi 📶, enable SSH, update and more
- Setup without monitor: enable VNC
- How to enable auto start with HDMI safe mode
- Running a Python 🐍 script in a Python Virtual Environment on reboot / startup
- Setup Wifi on Ubuntu