24 hours, only 24 hours have passed since I wrote my post on the release of Update 2 for TFS2012 that would give support to GIT and already are references and questions from all sides. From a coworker who tells me that they are about to liquidate all your balance of internet via Github up some fellow high school of Argentina which asks me to:
“What sorcho is that ?” GIT ?‘. ‘
- If yours is working with GIT from Visual Studio 2012, as Visual Studio Tools for GIT is the best choice. That is beautiful within Team Explorer integration with GIT .
- What repository of ? Git do do you recommend?
- Do and if I don’t like the ? octogato ?
- This is very much, your head hurts.
If you have inhaled more paint than you and your mind begins to rave with old episodes of Friends, sure you wonder: now TFS is a DVCS?
The answer is: not, melon! that TFS is a centralized system. What happens is that it would be stupid not to take advantage the benefits that brings a DVCS, so that a MIX of both forms of work has been done. Brian Harry explains it best here .
- Is all this free?
If it’s free like the Sun in Sweden. Even it will be included in versions of TFS and Visual Studio Express.
- From where do download me Update 2 CTP?
From here .
- What can I find in the CTP 2 of Update 2?
For all this and more:
- Web-based Test Case Management
- Code Map Debugger Integration and Responsiveness Improvements
- TDD for Windows Phone Unit Tests
- Test Explorer group tests by Class
- Web based version control Explore and Compare
- Send work items in e-mail
- Email work items from backlogs
- Web version control Improvements
- New Team Explorer Connection dialog display multiple servers, PCTs and projects
- Advanced SharePoint 2010 Load Testing
- Team Foundation Server Work Item Tagging
- Extended cross browser support in Coded UI Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 support in Coded UI Testing
- Test Explorer test details improvements for Coded UI Tests
- Improvements in Windows Store Applications Unit Testing
- Test Explorer test playlists
- Symbol Loading improvements for IntelliTrace and Profiler
- While not technically part of Update 2: Git as version control on Team Foundation Service
Because you already have enough to play and read for all the weekend, isn’t it?
- Visual Studio Tools for GIT
- CTP Update 2 for Visual Studio 2012 and TFS2012http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2013/01/30/first-ctp-for-visual-studio-update-2.aspx
Saludos @ Home