Coding4Fun Drone posts
- Introduction to DJI Tello
- Analyzing Python samples code from the official SDK
- Drone Hello World ! Takeoff and land
- Tips to connect to Drone WiFi in Windows 10
- Reading data from the Drone, Get battery level
- Sample for real time data read, Get Accelerometer data
- How the drone camera video feed works, using FFMPEG to display the feed
- Open the drone camera video feed using OpenCV
- Performance and OpenCV, measuring FPS
- Detect faces using the drone camera
- Detect a banana and land!
- Flip when a face is detected!
- How to connect to Internet and to the drone at the same time
- Video with real time demo using the drone, Python and Visual Studio Code
- Using custom vision to analyze drone camera images
- Drawing frames for detected objects in real-time in the drone camera feed
- Save detected objects to local files, images and JSON results
- Save the Drone camera feed into a local video file
- Overlay images into the Drone camera feed using OpenCV
- Instance Segmentation from the Drone Camera using OpenCV, TensorFlow and PixelLib
- Create a 3×3 grid on the camera frame to detect objects and calculate positions in the grid
No code today, just some tips about a specific network configuration to work with the drone.
In 2 days I’ll share a session about how to do some AI with a Drone, and I just realized that I’ll be live doing this session. And, going back to my post 4 in this series, I realized that
My PC is connected to the drone via Wifi.
That means, I can’t connect to the Internet to host the session line.
In normal times, I’ll buy a couple of adapters and I’ll have everything in wireless mode. However this days, a simple amazon request may take a couple of weeks.
So, I analyze my home network and I realized that I can reuse some of my Linksys Velop nodes in my office. At home, I have 3 nodes to cover all the house, and I decided to move one of the nodes at my office and use one of the Ethernet ports to connect a network cable to my PC. So, my final configuration is something like this (sorry no visio installed)
Thanks to this port, I can be connected to the internet and host the session; and also be connected to the drone and have some fun !
More information about the event here
See you in a couple of days!