In order to talk a little about how to create advanced menus for the Surface Dial, I will resume my view with a map and add an extra feature to this view:
- Use the Surface Dial spin to control the map zoom
- Use the Surface Dial spin to rotate the current view on the map
The first example I mentioned in the previous post, today I will show the 2nd functionality.
The code to make this work is very simple. It is based on the following steps
- To provide the 2 features with the Surface Dial, click on the dial, change the mode from Zoom to Rotate and again zoom
- In the RotationChanged () event, the working mode is verified and changes are applied to the map
In the next post, a little about how to work with the menu offered by the Surface Dial.
Source Code GitHub
Greetings @ Toronto
- El Bruno, 2 lines of C# code to handle maps using a Surface Dial
- El Bruno, Controlling a Media Player Element with Surface Dial in a Windows Store App
- El Bruno, Kind of a Hello World with a Surface Dial in a Windows Store App
- Windows Dev Center, Surface Dial Interactions
- Canadian Developer Connection, Developing for Surface Dial
- Visual Studio MarketPlace, Windows Template Studio