Windows 10 Anniversary Update is here and there are lot of news to write about. I’ve already wrote about some of the new Hololens features, and I need to write down also some important topics related to Windows 10 IoT Core and Anniversary Update.
So let’s start with the basis: the main image and news are always focused on Raspberry Pi 3, however the Anniversary Update will also work with the MinnowMax, Raspberry Pi 2, and DragonBoard 410c developer boards. The new Getting Started section is a really nice step by step tutorial to setup the device much faster.
And finally, my selected set of top new features are:
- Windows IoT Remote Client – remote into your IoT device to control and view what is displayed on your IoT device from your desktop or phone
- Store integration – connect Windows 10 IoT Core to the store to service applications
- Better Azure IoT Hub connectivity – provision your device with a device identity in the cloud
Greetings @ Toronto
- Windows Blog, What’s new for Windows 10 IoT Core – Anniversary Update
- LifeHacker, Windows 10 IoT Core for the Raspberry Pi Is Now Easier to Set Up, Adds Remote Client Access and More
- PCWorld, Raspberry Pi 3, others get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for the Internet of Things