Some days ago, while I was searching for the meaning of a word, I found an amazing feature in Google:
Learn to pronounce
And it’s very basic and amazing at the same time.
- You search for a definition of a word
- In the result area, you get the speaker button, who reproduces the word
- Once you play the word, a new feature will be available: [Learn to Pronounce]
- This will open a new section, with the mouth movements for the American and British pronunciation
That’s it, super useful ! I could not find a lot of related information about this. It seems that it’s been around for over 2 years, based on these The Verge articles:
- Google tests teaching you word pronunciation
- Google search will now give you feedback on your pronunciation
Besides some great AI in the back, this is so amazing 😀
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.