In the yesterday’s post I wrote on the new Windows 10 APIs to perform face detection. In today’s sample app (shared on GitHub), it is possible to see how a WebCam feed is analyzed in real time and displays the detected faces.
A couple of details about the App
- The AppCommandBar button changes to show the FaceDetection in On/Off status. As soon as you see how to change an Icon with C# update this code.
- When a face is detected, I make the process of painting the frame synchronizing Threads. Don’t have very clear why this.
- I need to do some work on the app resize
You can download the complete example from GitHub here.
Greetings @ Madrid
- GitHub App Source Code
- MSDN FaceDetector()
- MSDN FaceDetector.DetectFacesAsync()
- MSDN Scene Analysis for Media Capture
- El Bruno Windows 10 native API for Face Detection