New post for Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi 2 series
11. W10 #IoT Core update and new deploy process
A couple of days ago, there was an important update on the Windows IoT Core materials. If you are using Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi 2, you should update your local installation files and also review the deploy process for the SD Card *the one I described some months ago in the 2nd link).
Now you must perform the following steps
– Download the new ISO from this link.
– Mount the ISO, I get the F: disk 😉
– Run the msi file – installer
– If you already have tested this new Windows IoT core version, you’ll get the following message
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
– Is time to remove the old files
– And Start the installation of the new bits for Windows 10 Core Installer for Raspberry Pi 2
– Once the installation is complete, a cool tip is to remember the installation path [c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft IoT]
– Now we can create a new Windows 10 IoT Core image in the SD card for the Raspberry Pi 2. We need to launch the app WindowsIotImageHelper, which is “available” in the Installed programs section on the new Windows 10 Start Menu !!!
– I prefer to go directly to the installation path [c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft IoT] and launch the app.
– So, let’s select our SD card, and also we must select the correct image to be used from [C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft IoTFFURaspberryPi2flash.ffu]
– You have to be brave enough to go on …
– The app … launches the commands in a command prompt 😉
– And a couple of seconds later, we have a the new Windows 10 IoT core image in the SD to be used in our Raspberry PI 2
Saludos @ Madrid
– Windows IoT Devices http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/GetStarted.htm
– Windows IoT Core Project Templates https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/06507e74-41cf-47b2-b7fe-8a2624202d36
– VIDEO English, Microsoft Virtual Academy, A developers Guide to Windows 10 http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/a-developers-guide-to-windows-10
– VIDEO Spanish, Windows 10 Developer Readiness [Spain] https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/MVP-Virtual-Conference/Windows-10-Developer-Readiness-Powered-by-MVPs/Spain