New post for Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi 2 series
- Hardware and software (1 on N)
- Boot from SD card in the device (2 of N)
- Hello World mode! (3 of N)
- Visual Studio deployment process and Web Management app (4 on N)
- Hello Blinky !!! (5 on N)
- Some admin tasks, like change password and change name (6 on N)
- List of connected devices in the Raspberry Pi 2 (7 on N)
- Deploy an app using the deploy package (8 on N)
In the 3rd post, I wrote about how we could launch an app on the device directly from Visual Studio in DEBUG mode. To deploy an app, there are other options like using PowerShell or the web administration console.
Once created our project, we have to go to the option “Store / / Create App packages…” to create the deploy packages for the app. When the creation process is complete you will see the following.
Once we have the *.appx and *.cer file, we can now access our device web administration console. In it we will see that in the option [Apps] can view a list of installed apps and upload a new one.
From the directory where we have created the deploy package, select the file appx, certificate and select the DEPLOY option
Once the deployment process, we should see the application in the combo of applications. From this combo you can perform the following actions
-launch the app
-remove the app from the list
-configure the app to be the default app
Important: All the apps that you’ve using in debug mode with Visual Studio to also appear here.The app name is not usually very friendly since it is a GUID with the defined in the project manifest. Be careful deleting this ones.
Greetings @ Madrid