PowerAutomate – Flow to use Open Trivia Database questions in a Microsoft Teams bot 🤖 Series
- Intro to Open Trivia Database API
- How to process the API Response and send a question to Teams
- How to validate the user response in teams with the Trivia Question correct answer
- Sort and mix the possible answers to the question
- Trigger the flow from a new message in a Teams channel, and validate the trigger start
- Live Reactor Event – Let’s build this online !
In previous posts we request a Trivia quesion using the Open Trivia Database API, and sent a mesage to teams so an user can read the question and pick an answer. In today’s post, les process the user’ answer.
The flow is simple:
- Create a new variable [strQuizResponse] to store the response for the user.
- Validate the user answer vs the correct answer and complete the string [strQuizResponse] with CORRECT or INCORRECT.
- Display the response to the user.
Once the flow is running, we can see in the history how the variables, conditions and responses are processed.
In example, in this question in the bot, with an incorrect answer.
This is the flow history.
We are almost there ! However, we can improve still this flow a lot 😀
And important: Join me in this 2-week FREE program @MSFTReactor
and we will learn together about Microsoft Power Pages.
We will also cover fundamentals of Power Pages architecture, components, features, and tooling.
Starting on Dec 05
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.
More info in https://beacons.ai/elbruno