TbVolScroll is a super cool project, take a look 👇
Simple utility to enable volume control when your mouse cursor is positioned above the taskbar.TbVolScroll
Hold the left ALT key to enable precise volume control (decrease/increase volume by 1%). Standard volume step is 5%. The volume bar will follow the cursor when it’s moved.
By default, if the volume is lower than 10% precise volume control is automatically enabled.
Note: As far as I remember, this feature is available in other OS.
And thanks to his author the code of the tool is available in GitHub (see references).
The original project is a .Net Framework 4.7.2 project, so I decided to test how much time it will take to migrate the project to .Net 5. I didn’t perform a deep analysis of the source project, before start. This is my labs migration path
- Create a new Windows Form Net 5 project named [TbVolScrollNet5]
- Copy all the files from the original project, avoiding the .csproj file
- Rebuild !
And it worked ! I mean, I fixed some namespaces, added a missing NuGet package and 10 minutes later it was working. Of course, I submitted a pull request with the migration project, in the meantime I will keep this local just for fun.
And I want to use it ! So now is the time to pack and publish a local version of the tool. I created a local publish profile and defined
- Build in Release | Any CPU
- Deployment as Self-Contained
- Runtime win-x86
- Produce as single file
- Enable ReadyToRun compilation
And that’s it! 150 MB to a fully functional working app 👇😸👇
Now back to work, and in my next steps I’ll publish this as a clickonce app so it’s easy to distribute. And the perfect excuse to learn more about .Net 5 !
¿Con ganas de ponerte al día?
En Lemoncode te ofrecemos formación online impartida por profesionales que se baten el cobre en consultoría:
- Si tienes ganas de ponerte al día con Front End (ES6, Typescript, React, Angular, Vuejs…) te recomendamos nuestros Máster Front End: https://lemoncode.net/master-frontend#inicio-banner
- Si te quieres poner al día en Backend (stacks .net y nodejs), te aconsejamos nuestro Bootcamp Backend: https://lemoncode.net/bootcamp-backend#bootcamp-backend/banner
- Y si tienes ganas de meterte con Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD…, tenemos nuestro Bootcamp Devops: https://lemoncode.net/bootcamp-devops#bootcamp-devops/inicio