Via “The Verge” (see references), I found this amazing story.
Last year, Finland launched a free online crash course in artificial intelligence with the aim of educating its citizens about the new technology. Now, as a Christmas present to the world, the European nation is making the six week program available for anyone to take.Finland is making its online AI crash course free to the world , The Verge
Please read the article, is an amazing initiative from a country with amazing people. They are also in the process of translate the course to all the supported languages in EU, so this will be great.
And, I decided to give the course a try and this is my thoughts, after completed Chapter 1
There are no videos here, it’s all about reading about Definitions of AI, Applications of AI, introduction to Machine Learning, and other topics.
- I read this very fast, and boom 1st exercise I got an amazing score.
- I keep the same pace, and then next exercises make me realize that I need to spend more time here. I won’t complete the full course in 5 minutes, I like a challenge of read, understand and explain.
- The final test is a written one, where you need to submit your answers and there is a committee analyzing and deciding your result.
So, I’m here waiting for the response and looking forward for next chapter which may involve some Python programming.
And, as a general-purpose course I think is an amazing resource. There are so many AI courses, which most of the time are so focus on the technical part, and is nice to find a different approach to educate about Artificial Intelligence to the general public.
Greetings @ Toronto
- Elements of AI Course, https://www.elementsofai.com/
- Finland is making its online AI crash course free to the world https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/18/21027840/online-course-basics-of-ai-finland-free-elementsb