The official launch of the Hololens 2 was a couple of days ago during MWC 2019. Even if I miss my days supporting Avanade booth in the MWC, we are incredibly connected today, so I feel like I was there during the launch. So I may recap some resources to be used in the near future in an amazing surprise.
Main Microsoft Resources
Of course, let’s start with the official tweet announcement
The official video
The official post in Microsoft Blog: Microsoft at MWC Barcelona: Introducing Microsoft HoloLens 2
Some tech specs, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hardware
And from the original tweet some amazing Hololens 2 facts
- #HoloLens2’s Field of View has increased by more than 2X.
- With direct manipulation, you can now touch your holograms.
- You can now log into your #HoloLens2 with Iris Recognition.
- The new universal fit system works for everyone.
- #HoloLens2’s front enclosure is made entirely out of carbon fiber.
- #HoloLens2 will launch with a suite of solutions. Today we’re announcing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides.
- Introducing #Azure Remote Rendering. A cross platform service that supports ARKit, ARCore, and #HoloLens. The birth of the internet of holograms. Leverage the power of Azure to directly stream high polygon content with no decimation to #HoloLens2.
- We’re committed to openness.
- We believe in an open app store model. Third party app stores are welcome within our ecosystem!
- We believe in an open web browsing model. Firefox will be joining #HoloLens2.
- We’ll continue to steer open standards such as Kronos & OpenXR.
And the full MWC session
- Bosch Augmented Reality applications now also work with the new Microsoft HoloLens 2
- Philips showcases unique augmented reality concept for image-guided minimally invasive therapies developed with Microsoft
- Bentley Systems Introduces Mixed Reality App for Infrastructure Construction Projects Using Microsoft HoloLens 2 at Mobile World Congress Event
- Bringing Firefox Reality to HoloLens 2
- Microsoft and Trimble made a hard hat with HoloLens built-in
- The Verge
- Wired, Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 Puts a Full-Fledged Computer on Your Face
- CNet, The creator of HoloLens 2 discusses its future
- ZDNet, Microsoft’s HoloLens 2: Why it’s really all about the cloud
Greetings @ Burlington