For a few days, I was lucky and go back to the great world of Microsoft Bot. In this one, my main task was to update one Bot I’ve created some time ago.
The update process is fairly simple. Gisela has written a post where he explains the biggest changes, and otherwise you can always browse ans learn from the Bot Framework source code on GitHub.
Now well, there is a stick ugly in the road that added to the 40 ° of fever I have figthed all the Sunday. When I begin to update the NuGet packages in my project, I find the following list (or similar depending on how you’ve used)
The easy path is to perform an “Update All” or follow an order similar to the following list.
However, once updated all packages, our Bot will not work anymore and we’ll have a very descriptive error “An error has ocurred.”
The good thing about having the source code of the Bot Framework is after a while, is possible to understand there is a problem with System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt version [5.0.0] . So, we need to make a “rollback” of the same to the version previous to bring our Bot back to life.
This solves the problem, and will have that see if I can put to see the code full so Bot Fwk works with the latest versions. For now, since it is a bit out of my reach; I’ve left a comment on the Issue reported on GitHub (link). As it is closed, if there is no response in a couple of days, I’ll see if I open a new Issue or I start to study about the topic
Greetings @ Toronto