already it is not news because mentioned fairly, but we can finally talk about it. Yesterday the great Brian Harry, broke the news on his blog that finally TFS is going to be part of the family as a free product Visual Studio Express. Almost 3 yearsago that he left this topic to debate, and after several beatings with the product team, was the option that is 100% Express is a good idea.
The complete data says the Brian Harry in his post, but the most important points are as follows:
- Is the same as a Basic TFS.
- Free for teams of up to 5 people. This means that you can add only 5 Windows different Ids in a group. (the traps is very easy here and scary from a management point of view!)
- SQL Express as a repository. Good choice
- It includes the Dashboard of Agile, but not enabled planning tools. This is an error from my point of view. If you want someone to use your product, it gives a version reduced in number of users but not in functionality.
- VS Express products will be able to work with TFS Express. The latter is great. Now yes, 4 people without spending a €uro can mount a development team 100% free with Microsoft products.
I said it as the good news of the week and we will see that we have more in Seattle next week.
Greetings @ Home