I am not a developer of Windows Phone applications, so are the cracks (@ RafaSermed or @ JosueYerayfor example), but since I have Windows 8 installed as main working platform, because I missed in face to finish a few touches to an application of WP.
Now that we have the Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update that already allows us to install WP on Windows 8 development tools, because I thought that it was all fixed. But… zas! the first on the face, to the point of wanting to compile the project, because I realize that I’m lacking in XNA.
So ignorant of me, I think that installing Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0 it would solve my problems, but of course
trying to install XNA in Windows 8 is just as easy to scratch the back with knee
So he plays a little read installation logs, and after a while I realise that the fundamental problem seems to be related to a product that did not know until the day of today: Game for Windows Client.
And of course, the problem is the following:
- The installer of Windows Phone tries to install a version of XNA, but cannot
- Actually it can not, because the XNA Installer tries to install a version of Game for Windows Client and Windows 8 says NOT IN MY WATCH!
So slowly and lovingly, the steps to get everything to work are as follows:
- Uninstall everything from XNA if you tried until the update of Windows Phone 7.
- Download and install the latest version of Game for Windows Client.
- Now yes, install Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update and if we need it, because also Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0
That Yes, the interesting evening of Logs that I noticed today the does me anyone
Saludos @ Home