Some people asked about how hard is to create an Installer for the simple in the post “#VS2015 – Delete all comments in a file with #Roslyn”. Is very easy, so I´ll write a couple of posts with the answer to the question and also later, on how to publish this one to the Visual Studio Gallery.
Let’s start from last post, we go back to the source code and we found 2 projects:
– ElBruno.RemoveComments, Roslyn source code to delete all comments
– ElBruno.RemoveComments.Vsix, this project is our main one, is the one in charge to create the VSIX package
We need to edit the manifest to define the properties of our extension. The main fields I’ll complete are these ones:
– Product Name, Product Id, Author, Version, Description, Language, Preview Image: easy very easy
– License: I’ve created one in Creative Commons official page. I copied the generated license in a text file and added into the solution.
– Icon: thanks SyncFusion Metro Studio 3 !!!
– Getting Started Guide, More Info URL: Easy again, a couple of links to my blog
Important: If you need more information about these fields, please go to MSDN [VSIX Manifest Designer] in the references section.
Let-s go to generate our VSIX package, let´s build the Project in RELEASE mode, and we can get the installer in the output folder
When we run the Vsix Installer, we’ll see the information defined in previous steps.
And a couple of seconds later, we get this extension up and running in our IDE !!!
I’ll describe the steps on how to publish to Visual Studio Gallery, in a future post
As always, source code available in GitHub https://github.com/elbruno/Blog/tree/master/ElBruno.RemoveComments%20V02
Saludos @ Madrid
– Delete all comments in a file with #Roslyn https://elbruno.com/2015/08/17/vs2015-delete-all-comments-in-a-file-with-roslyn/
– MSDN VSIX Manifest Designer https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee943167.aspx
– Creative Commons CC BY http://creativecommons.org/examples#by
– SyncFusion Metro Studio 3 http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/metrostudio