Hololens 2 are on the way to some selected group of developers, so it’s time to start to collect and group some dev resources for the not so near future.
Let’s start with a couple of tweets
There is also a new Mixed Reality Toolkit, available as usual in GitHub https://microsoft.github.io/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/README.html
What is the Mixed Reality Toolkit
MRTK is a Microsoft driven open source project.
MRTK-Unity provides a set of foundational components and features to accelerate MR app development in Unity. The latest Release of MRTK (V2) supports HoloLens/HoloLens 2, Windows Mixed Reality, and OpenVR platforms.
- Provides the basic building blocks for unity development on HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, and OpenVR.
- Showcases UX best practices with UI controls that match Windows Mixed Reality and HoloLens Shell.
- Enables rapid prototyping via in-editor simulation that allows you to see changes immediately.
- Is extensible. Provides devs ability to swap out core components and extend the framework.
- Supports a
wide range of platforms, including
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft HoloLens 2
- Microsoft Immersive headsets (IHMD)
- Windows Mixed Reality headsets
- OpenVR headsets (HTC Vive / Oculus Rift)
Input Simulation Service
The Input Simulation Service emulates the behaviour of devices and platforms that may not be available in the Unity editor. Examples include:
- HoloLens or VR device head tracking
- HoloLens hand gestures
- HoloLens 2 articulated hand tracking
As usual, a video is the best way to describe this
Unreal Engine 4.22 released
New: HoloLens Remote Streaming Support
Unreal Engine 4 now supports Holographic Remoting through the Windows Mixed Reality plugin! This allows Unreal applications to run on a Windows desktop PC and stream the rendered result wirelessly to HoloLens over a Wi-Fi connection in real time.
Greetings @ Toronto
- Mixed Reality Toolkit, https://microsoft.github.io/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/README.html
- Input Simulation Service, https://microsoft.github.io/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/Documentation/InputSimulation/InputSimulationService.html?q=simulation
- Unreal Engine 4.22 released, https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-22-released