Final post for the series
In my last post I described how to create a VSIX package for our delete comments solution. In today post I’ll describe the steps to publish this installer in Visual Studio Gallery.
We need to login into Visual Studio Gallery, https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/. I’ll use the same account I use in MSDN forums. Let’s start with the [UPLOAD] option
A 3 steps wizard will help us in this process. For this sample I’ll chose the TOOL type
Next step is to define the download type>
– An external Url
– Upload the VSIX file
I’ll choose the 2nd option and I’ll find the next exception:
You can only upload template VSIX files for the Visual Studio Express SKUs.
This error is raised because the default VSIX project template includes a couple of install targets which are not valid for Visual Studio Gallery.
So we leave only VSPro as Install Target.
We need to rebuild and upload again the VSIX file. If we found some build errors, maybe we need to upgrade the version number of our VSIX package.
And we get to the Step 3 of the Publish process. In this step we need to complete the information related to the product, like the source code repository Url of the cost category.
And that’s it! Our extension is available to download from https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/fe657c84-2077-4092-8063-2cc9587ad0d1
The source code is available in GitHub https://github.com/elbruno/Blog/tree/master/ElBruno.RemoveComments%20V02
Saludos @ Madrid
– Delete all comments in a file with #Roslyn https://elbruno.com/2015/08/17/vs2015-delete-all-comments-in-a-file-with-roslyn/
– Create a #Vsix installer for the Delete all comments in a file with #Roslyn sample extension https://elbruno.com/2015/08/29/vs2015-create-a-vsix-installer-for-the-delete-all-comments-in-a-file-with-roslyn-sample-extension/
– MSDN VSIX Manifest Designer https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee943167.aspx
– MSDN Shipping Visual Studio Extensions https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff363239.aspx
– MSDN Walkthrough: Publishing a Visual Studio Extension https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff728613.aspx
– Creative Commons CC BY http://creativecommons.org/examples#by
– SyncFusion Metro Studio 3 http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/metrostudio