Let’s look at my sample repository on how to use OpenAI APIs in Rust. It includes a sample console app that uses the Text Completion API endpoint. In case you want to know more:
The completions endpoint can be used for a wide variety of tasks. It provides a simple but powerful interface to any of our models. You input some text as a prompt, and the model will generate a text completion that attempts to match whatever context or pattern you gave it. For example, if you give the API the prompt, “As Descartes said, I think, therefore”, it will return the completion ” I am” with high probability.Open AI API – Text Completion
- As I mentioned in my previous post, I used a set of Structs to parse the JSON response from the API.
- There are 2 ways to send the request JSON body, using a simple string or a HashMap to create the JSON.
- I use a specific match to validate the following HTTP Codes
- OK, parse the JSON response and show the completion text.
- UNAUTHORIZED, this may usually trigger the use of an invalid API Key.
- TOO_MANY_REQUESTS, also triggered when the team (or app) is overusing the current licence.
This is a sample response from the current Completions Rust Sample:
cargo run <API Key> "generate a 2-paragraph description on how to use OpenAI APIs using Rust programming language" Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 3.04s Prompt: generate a 2-paragraph description on how to use OpenAI APIs using Rust programming language 🔥 Success! 💬 Response: OpenAI APIs can be used with the Rust programming language to provide developers with access to powerful artificial intelligence systems. ...
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.
More info in https://beacons.ai/elbruno