I didn’t know that this will be public this week, and it makes me super happy. I’ve been a Visual Studio fan for a long time. And Visual Studio 2019 is great, however the full set of improvements and new features included in the next major release make my smile a lot !
So, as usual, I encourage you to go and read the official blog post from Amanda. In the meantime, here are my top features
- Visual Studio will be 64 bit. That’s it, performance improvements, better speed, more memory, etc. All the stuff we know that we can take advantage in a 64bit app.
- Patterns for Cloud Development. Ok, that’s something that we can do today, however, if it’s out-of-the-box, I’m in!
- Support for .Net 6. It makes sense, because timing, product roadmap and all those stuff. Remember that .Net 6 is the next major release with long term support. .Net MAUI, Blazor and of the hot and cool tools will be also supported.
- C++, CMake and WSL. This is interesting. Setting up a dev environment to dev, debug and build on top of WSL using VS2022 will be a nice feature to test and try.
So, we need to wait until next summer to get access to the Preview. And in the meantime we can share the Developer Community to browse through existing feature requests to upvote and comment or create your own.
¿Con ganas de ponerte al día?
En Lemoncode te ofrecemos formación online impartida por profesionales que se baten el cobre en consultoría:
- Si tienes ganas de ponerte al día con Front End (ES6, Typescript, React, Angular, Vuejs…) te recomendamos nuestros Máster Front End: https://lemoncode.net/master-frontend#inicio-banner
- Si te quieres poner al día en Backend (stacks .net y nodejs), te aconsejamos nuestro Bootcamp Backend: https://lemoncode.net/bootcamp-backend#bootcamp-backend/banner
- Y si tienes ganas de meterte con Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD…, tenemos nuestro Bootcamp Devops: https://lemoncode.net/bootcamp-devops#bootcamp-devops/inicio