Today is a quick one: FAST corner detection algorithm.
FAST (Features from Accelerated Segment Test) algorithm was proposed by Edward Rosten and Tom Drummond in their paper “Machine learning for high-speed corner detection” in 2006 (Later revised it in 2010). A basic summary of the algorithm is presented below. Refer original paper for more details (All the images are taken from original paper).
OpenCV includes the FAST algorithm as part of the base set of operations to perform on an image. You only need 2 lines of code to get this output.
The OpenCV FAST tutorial (see references) explain the different steps and, I’ll keep this simple, just sharing the code !
That’s all for today!
More posts in my blog ElBruno.com.
- OpenCVSharp, https://github.com/shimat/opencvsharp
- Wikipedia, Canny Edge Detector
- OpenCV, Canny tutorial
- openCV, FAST tutorial
- Wikipedia, FAST
Net 5 and OpenCV
- 13 lines to display a 🎦 camera feed with OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting edges on the 🎦 camera feed with Canny algorithm, OpenCV and Net5
- Detecting corners on the 🎦 camera feed with FAST algorithm, OpenCV and Net 5
- Display the 🎦 camera feed in a WinForm using OpenCV and Net5
- Face Detection using Face Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection using DNN on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Face Detection, DNN vs Haar Cascades on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Age and Gender estimation on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5
- Caffe Model Zoo (GoogleNet) detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Pose detection from the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net5
- Packaging a WinForm OpenCV and Net5 App in a one-self contained file
- Display a video file 🎥 in Winform using OpenCV and Net5
- Open a video file 🎥 and save each frame as a PNG 🖼 file to a folder 📂
- (Coming Soon) QR Codes detection on the 🎦 camera feed using OpenCV and Net 5