When I wrote about how to install Visual Studio Code on a Raspberry Pi, there was an error on the app running on the device: the tool opened and display a black window.
We needed to manually go back to version 1.29 to avoid this problem. And we also forgot to apply any updates, each new version still have the black window error.
I was following the issue on GitHub, and I was happy when a few days ago, it was solved by headmelted (link https://github.com/headmelted/codebuilds/issues/67#issuecomment-563335451).
I’ve updated the app to the latest version (1.42.0), and it was working fine.
If we check the apt list, we can find a specific detail of the running version with the command
sudo apt list --installed | grep -i code-oss
So, please go and thank headmelted by the amazing work he is doing!
My posts on Raspberry Pi ⚡🐲⚡
Dev posts for Raspberry Pi
- How to grant permissions to a folder after git clone, to perform dotnet restore on a Raspberry Pi
- How to install .Net Core 3.1 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi 4, run as root, fix black screen
- How to install .Net Core in a Raspberry Pi 4 and test with Hello World
- Build and Run C# NetCore projects in a Raspberry Pi 4 with Visual Studio Code
- Let’s do some Git dev in Raspberry Pi 4 (GitHub and Azure DevOps!)
- Install OpenCV
- Install Python 🐍 Virtual Environments in Raspberry Pi
- Setup SSH passwordless access to remote work with Docker 🐳
- Manage Docker 🐳 as a non-root user
- Build Docker 🐳 images from Visual Studio Code remotely using a Raspberry Pi
Tools and Apps for Raspberry Pi
- Where is my Task Manager in RaspberryPi? Let’s try htop
- Multi-monitor 📺 in Raspberry Pi 4 rocks !
- Double Commander on RaspberryPi4, because files are important
- How to install Docker 🐳 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi, run as root, fix black screen (Updated)
- 6 commands to install OpenCV for Python 🐍 in a Raspberry Pi 4
Setup the device
- 1st Setup without monitor 📺: auto connect to WiFi 📶, enable SSH, update and more
- Setup without monitor: enable VNC
- How to enable auto start with HDMI safe mode
- Running a Python 🐍 script in a Python Virtual Environment on reboot / startup
- Setup Wifi on Ubuntu