As a Windows User, I was never happy with the out-of-the-box File Explorer, that’s why I’m a big fan of Total Commander. The 2 panels mode to move or copy files between the panels, or the quick access keys, ftp connections and more, makes Total Commander a #MustHave tool in my Windows 10 Station.
I started to look for something similar for Raspberry Pi, and after a couple of tests my choose is: Double Commander (see references).
It’s easy to install, just this command
sudo apt-get install doublecmd-qt
And it will appear on the Accessories menu.
So far, Double Commander, is part of my setup list of tools to be installed on Raspbian for my Raspberry Pi 4 developer station!
Greetings @ Burlington
- Double Commander, https://doublecmd.sourceforge.io/
My posts on Raspberry Pi ⚡🐲⚡
Dev posts for Raspberry Pi
- How to grant permissions to a folder after git clone, to perform dotnet restore on a Raspberry Pi
- How to install .Net Core 3.1 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi 4, run as root, fix black screen
- How to install .Net Core in a Raspberry Pi 4 and test with Hello World
- Build and Run C# NetCore projects in a Raspberry Pi 4 with Visual Studio Code
- Let’s do some Git dev in Raspberry Pi 4 (GitHub and Azure DevOps!)
- Install OpenCV
- Install Python 🐍 Virtual Environments in Raspberry Pi
- Setup SSH passwordless access to remote work with Docker 🐳
- Manage Docker 🐳 as a non-root user
- Build Docker 🐳 images from Visual Studio Code remotely using a Raspberry Pi
Tools and Apps for Raspberry Pi
- Where is my Task Manager in RaspberryPi? Let’s try htop
- Multi-monitor 📺 in Raspberry Pi 4 rocks !
- Double Commander on RaspberryPi4, because files are important
- How to install Docker 🐳 in a Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi, run as root, fix black screen (Updated)
- 6 commands to install OpenCV for Python 🐍 in a Raspberry Pi 4
Setup the device
- 1st Setup without monitor 📺: auto connect to WiFi 📶, enable SSH, update and more
- Setup without monitor: enable VNC
- How to enable auto start with HDMI safe mode
- Running a Python 🐍 script in a Python Virtual Environment on reboot / startup
- Setup Wifi on Ubuntu
I’ll write in English but my mother tongue is Spanish. I saw your comment, looking for a problem,at least for me, in using doublecmd in my rpi environment. You showed main window as I have in mine installed version. I want to know how I can see all icons in menu, functions F3, F4, etc., as I see in Linux Mint or Ubuntu or any other distro. Discs are one over other. I only can see something like a stain. Can you help me to change this?
These days I’m mostly using RPi in bash mode. I’ll enable the GUI and give this a try to see if I can find that option. I’ll let you know.
I installed the QT version on RPI4 (bullseye), but the menu item for Double Commander was missing. There was nothing in /usr/share/applications or /.local/share/applications.
Please ignore prior comment; the install failed due to network connectivity. Now DC is working fine.