Another post in my path to use a Raspberry Pi 4 as a fully development device. And today, no code at all, just a showcase of the amazing new hardware: 2 video output. So let’s start with a working mode:
In the previous image, in Screen 1 I’m using an instance of Visual Studio Code to do some Machine Learning with Python, and in Screen 2, I’m also browsing the history of one repo (I broke something …. as usual!).
In Screen 1, I also have Htop running, and it shows that I’m only using +780MBs of ram, that’s mean I still got 3GBs to use!
As a Windows user, I really appreciate that we had an visual interface to configure screen settings.
Raspberry Start > Preferences > Screen Configuration
The [Screen Layout Editor] allows us to configure the following settings for HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 screens:
As you can see in the following image, I got connected a HD monitor in HDMI 1 so my maximum available resolution is 1920×1080.
I haven’t connected a 4K monitor to the device, but I’ll get there 😀
Finally, you can also manage some additional screen configuration from the [Desktop Preferences] settings. I this section you can configure individual wall papers, icons to be displayed and more.
And this is also the section where you can DUPLICATE THE MONITORS ! [Show identical desktop on second monitor].
And, of course, I my demo device is ready for Caribbean Developer Conference 2019!
Greetings @ Burlington
- TechRadar, Raspberry Pi 4 is on sale with 3x faster CPU and dual 4K monitor support for $35 https://www.techradar.com/news/raspberry-pi-4-is-on-sale-with-3x-faster-cpu-and-dual-4k-monitor-support-for-dollar35
- Caribbean Developer Conference 2019, https://cdc.dev/
My posts on El Bruno
- How to install .Net Core in a Raspberry Pi 4 and test with HelloWorld https://elbruno.com/2019/08/27/raspberrypi-how-to-install-dotnetcore-in-a-raspberrypi4-and-test-with-helloworld-of-course/
- Installing Visual Studio Code in a Raspberry Pi https://elbruno.com/2019/08/20/vscode-installing-visual-studio-code-in-a-raspberrypi-a-couple-of-lessons-learned-code/
- Build and Run C# ,NetCore projects in a Raspberry Pi 4 with Visual Studio Code https://elbruno.com/2019/08/28/vscode-build-and-run-c-dotnetcore-projects-in-raspberrypi/
- Let’s do some Git dev in Raspberry Pi 4 (GitHub and Azure DevOps!) https://elbruno.com/2019/09/02/vscode-lets-do-some-git-dev-in-raspberrypi-github-and-azure-devops/
- How to install Docker in a Raspberry Pi 4 https://elbruno.com/2019/09/17/vscode-how-to-install-docker-in-a-raspberrypi-4/
- Where is my Task Manager in RaspberryPi? Let’s try HTop, https://elbruno.com/2019/09/23/raspberrypi-where-is-my-task-manager-lets-try-htop/