Today’s post is a special one, but let me explain why. They said that we learn from errors, and I learned with a big one. 2 weeks ago, I manage to make a test skype group call with some friends from Argentina. The test was great, we have a nice time online and we decided to go for a formal one the next week.
So, last Saturday, we get a bigger group, we defined a mini agenda, and we have 60 minutes talking about tons of stuff. However, when the podcast finished, I realize that I only record my voice and not the audio from the participants, so I was very upset about this.
So, I went back to the raw record from 2 weeks ago, I work on the edition mode, and here is the result: a nice time between 4 people talking about how we started with PCs and programming. In this session I’m happy because I spent some time with Eugenio Serrano (@eugenioserrano), Leonardo Micheloni (@leomicheloni) and Matias Iacono (@matiasiacono), 3 great professionals who are also amazing people !!!
A timeline on the speech
- 01:30 – Leo start talking about Azure, Arduinos and messaging issues
- 03:30 – Leo is sharing some of his electronic background, a must listen and very funny
- 04:30 – Matias brings Sinclair Spectrum to the talk
- 05:40 – We talk about the South American Spectrum
- 06:00 – Eugenio shares his experiences on his 1st computer
- 06:30 – CZ Spectrum, open source !!!
- 07:40 – 1K on Memory
- 10:10 – My starting without command prompt, and other early experiences of the team
- 12:30 – Save information in a tape (a real tape!)
- 13:10 – How to sent an email on the 80’s
- 13:40 – Software free on the 80’s
- 14:45 – Frikis on the 80’s
- 16:30 – Closure
And finally the “How to send an email in the 80s” video
Greetings @ Toronto
- Podcast audio, http://www.ivoox.com/11114596
- Matias Iacono, @matiasiacono
- Eugenio Serrano, @eugenioserrano
- Leonardo Micheloni, @leomicheloni
- Facebook Group GDA, Conversation about Arduino, Azure and HTTP on GDA
- Facebook Group GDA, Experiences on CZ Spectrum
- La Nación, La historia de Czerweny CZ Spectrum, la computadora Sinclair con sello argentino
- Youtube, How to sent an email 1984
- Music, Noahs Stark by Krackatoa