New post for Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi 2 series
- Hardware and software (1 on N)
- Boot from SD card in the device (2 of N)
- Hello World mode! (3 of N)
- Visual Studio deployment process and Web Management app (4 on N)
- Hello Blinky !!! (5 on N)
- Some admin tasks, like change password and change name (6 on N)
- List of connected devices in the Raspberry Pi 2 (7 on N)
- Deploy an app using the deploy package (8 on N)
- Different behaviors for an App based on the app architecture
- WindowsIoTCoreWatcher.exe does not start and how fix it
Sometimes after you install the Windows IoT core Raspberry Pi 2 SDK, you may find that the monitoring tool “Windows IoT Watcher” cannot be launched. If you start to research you’ll find the following error
Could not load file or assembly ‘ WindowsIoTCoreWatcher, Version = 10. 0. 0. 0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35′ or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)
And of course, working with a Preview OS, with an SDK also in Preview, the most advisable to do is go to the forums to find some help.
I I found several people in the same situation and with a not so elegant solution (but it works) “remove the app certificate“.
To do this, we use, an interesting tool created 10 years ago! with the following command
“– r “
And ready, now we can launch without a problem the app. Here is the curious Friday tip.
Greetings @ Home