let’s go with one of the good news of the day:
The Kinect 1.5 SDK and developer Toolkit have been released.
In this case the download is split into these two components where it is no longer necessary to install the SDK with all the samples, but that if we are developers, because we will have our own set of tools.
Now that we can already buy Kinect in several countries (including Spain), we find that other 15 countries are added to the list. But in reality what we care about are the new features included in this version. We go with the most important
- Kinect Studio. A tool that allows you to record and play a sequence of actions against the sensor. Essential to avoid having to stand and take a unitary test human everytime you change something in an application.
- The Guide to developing applications for applications with Kinect. Essential 70 pages with many details to take into account for developments with Kinect.
- Face Tracking, facial recognition capabilities. Beware, this is not identify faces, but identify the points of a face. With a little work we recognize smiles, surprises, shocks, etc.
- Detection of points of skeleton in people seated. This is amazing, the ability to detect the upper joints of a skeleton but people seated, really opens another range of possibilities of applications.
- The camera now supports a resolution of 640 x 480 at 30 fps, with improvements in low-light environments.
- Cool! Joint orientation! We not only the position of a Joint, but that we also have the ability to see the "orientation" of the same.
- New languages for speech recognition: French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
Well now it try those things to which we had no access without the Beta SDK and post details on it
Saludos @ Home